Wednesday 28 April 2010

First evening back at the club

I went out on my first run of the year with the Felixstowe Road Runners (actually since November last year)  last night. I had a good session on the whole, the groups are friendly and encouraging but my lack of fitness was obvious.

After finishing the warm up -which became a session in itself just trying to keep in touch at the back, I was a bit tired.  Once the session started for real I was really found out and only completed about half of it.  Last November I would have been OK but I've gone a long way backwards since then.  The main problem was cardio-vascular, the legs where fine and this is what the sprints on the prom are designed to improve - next week it will be better!

With only 11 days to the Alton Water 10K I don't think it will be the pb race I was hoping for but we'll see, it may all come right on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment