Monday 15 March 2010

New plan, new race

Well I'm back running again - just a couple of miles gently round to see how things would go and it all felt OK.  I've planned out the next 8 weeks with the Alton Water Run 10K on Sunday May 9th the next target race.  Over the next month I build back up to 6 miles on the long runs and  then get some speed work in before the race so will be looking for a PB of around 1:07 in 54 days time, I would need to break the hour mark to do an age adjusted lifetime PB, but I don't think I'll do that in this race.

While we had a good time in Bath and it looked like a good well supported race I think it is too early in the season for a half marathon for me and a 10K would have been a more sensible choice, especially if we have another winter like the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment